Welcome aboard, foodies and explorers! If you’re craving an unforgettable food tour throughout the Phoenix-metro area, we are here to help plan your experience. Get ready to embark on a delectable journey through Arizona’s culinary hotspots, exploring a carefully curated selection of popular eateries that promise to leave you craving for more. A great outing for a birthday bash, an intimate anniversary celebration, or a bachelorette brunch itinerary, let’s begin planning your Arizona food tour!
Planning your AZ Food Tour
We recommend starting your Arizona food tour journey with a pre-dinner cocktail at one of these fabulous bars:
- Century Grand – as perfectly explained on their website, Century Grand “houses three turn-of-the-century-inspired cocktail bars serving specialty craft cocktails within an immersive environment filled with the sights and sounds from an era long gone but not forgotten.” A must visit.
- UnderTow – underwater themed bar with specialty cocktails, there are two Valley locations.
- Bitter and Twisted Cocktail Parlour – voted Top 10 “World’s Best Cocktail Menu” 2023 Tales of the Cocktail®, Bitter and Twisted offers an extensive list of unique, specialty cocktails.
- Rough Rider – a sophisticated space inspired by the 19th century, with Victorian era cocktails to match.
- 36 Below – a modern speakeasy offering an immersive, one-of-a kind indulging experience.
Stop 1: Appetizer
Next up, let’s whet your appetite with some mouthwatering appetizers. Choose from a selection of top-level eateries offering delectable starters:
- Culinary Dropout – large selection of appetizer categories including soup and share, meat and cheese, and snacks, there’s small bites for everyone.
- The Mexicano – $2 tacos at happy hour, guacamole and salsa Ferris wheel, and be sure to check out the build-your-own margarita bar!
- Cold Beers and Cheeseburgers – how can you go wrong with cold beer and juicy cheeseburgers? They have wings, sliders, and many unique appetizer options; you’ll want to try one of everything on the starter menu.
- The Vig – great happy hour deals on charcuterie board, sliders, and more!
From savory bites to flavorful spreads, these appetizers are just a teaser for what’s to come.
Stop 2: Main Course
Now, it’s time for the main event! Dive into the heart of Arizona’s culinary scene with our curated selection of restaurants for your main course on your Arizona food tour. Whether you’re craving southwestern flavors or international cuisine, we’ve got you covered:
- Little Miss BBQ – best known for their outstanding brisket, Little Miss offers a homestyle feel with homemade Texas-style barbeque.
- Pizzeria Bianco – a must try for pizza lovers! This wood-fired style pizzeria was featured in Netflix’s Chef’s Table: Pizza and is a local favorite.
- Buck and Rider – their seafood is flown in daily, offering the freshest ingredients.
- Mastro’s City Hall Steakhouse – listed among best steakhouses in Phoenix, this steakhouse is a perfect option if you’re looking for a fancier feast.
- Valle Luna – a family owned restaurant with a few Valley locations and my personal favorite when craving Mexican food. Be sure to try their fundido plates, and don’t miss their 99 cent margaritas on Mondays!
Stop 3: Sweet Endings and Cocktail Finales
No culinary journey is complete without a sweet treat! Indulge your sweet tooth at our recommended dessert stops, offering delightful confections and desserts to satisfy every craving:
- Sweet Dee’s Bakeshop – known for their award winning desserts and ever-changing themes based on season or popular events (think Harry Potter’s birthday, Taylor Swift’s Era Tour, Star Wars, holidays, and so much more). This dessert shop does close at 4pm on weekdays and 2pm on weekends, so be sure to add this stop to a daytime Arizona food tour.
- Soda Jerk Co. Milkshake Bar – a retro-inspired milkshake bar serving up outrageous, handcrafted milkshakes, floats & sundaes. There’s a few seasonal menu items to check out this holiday season!
- Chunk Cookies – a revolving menu of homemade, extra large, deliciously warm cookies.
Then, cap off the night with a stunning view and tasty cocktails at rooftop bars in Downtown Phoenix, or check out some of the seasonally themed bars highlighted in our Christmas Pop Up Bar Tours. Cheers to a fabulous food-filled adventure!
- Floor 13 – an intimate space with great views atop the Hilton Garden Inn. Currently festively decorated as Miracle Bar for the holiday season.
- Alibi Tempe – beachy coastal vibes to make every evening feel like summertime.
- Upstairs at Flint – provides an elegant ambiance to end your evening in style.
Food Tour Charter Options
Full Course Food Tour: For the ultimate indulgence, embark on our full course Arizona food tour encompassing 4 or 5 stops, spanning a delightful 6-hour adventure. Revel in each course, take your time, and immerse yourself fully in Arizona’s culinary tapestry. If you plan to take more time or want to add a few more stops, we can always extend the charter!
Shortened Food Tour (4-Hour Charter): Short on time but craving the experience? Opt for our 4-hour charter with 3 stops, perfectly tailored to cover drinks and appetizers, a sumptuous main course, and an unforgettable dessert or cocktail finale.
Does your food tour plans fall during the holidays? Extend your journey into the evening with a curated Holiday Lights Tour! Reach out on live chat and we can help build the perfect trip!
Your Ride: Comfort and Convenience
To ensure a seamless experience, we recommend our limos and sprinters for your foodie expedition. These vehicles offer easy in and out access and are more compact, making navigation to multiple stops a breeze.
How to Book Your Arizona Food Tour
Whether you’re planning a birthday party, or just a night out, make it extra fun with an Arizona Food Tour! Fridays and Saturdays sell out very quickly, so it’s recommended you reserve your transportation needs in advance. A 25% deposit blocks your limousine of choice off the schedule. The remaining balance is charged to the card on file 10 days prior to your trip. Contact us to book your Arizona food tour extravaganza today! Cheers to a culinary adventure you won’t soon forget!